Restroom breaks on African game drives

Re: South Africa Elegant Adventure

Question: On game drives, what provisions are made for "restroom" breaks for female guests ?
How is this dealt with ?

Comments

• edited January 2018
    I was on this trip several months ago. The short answer is: behind a tree or large rock outcropping; no one peeks. Our drivers always had hand sanitizer available, but you might want to carry your own and have some TP or tissues tucked away in your day pack.

Bathroom breaks were usually during the "half-time" stop on every game drive, but the drivers will stop anytime on request.

This is a totally fantastic trip and experience, enjoy!
  • edited January 2018
    Our guides indicated that if you needed a break, just say you'd like to stop and check the tires. It's so easy for the guys. The trip is an amazing experience.
  • I don't think the game drives were ever more than 2 hours without a stop. I can't recall for sure. I just remember not having to stop for anyone. Usual rules apply - go just before getting in the vehicles, don't drink too much coffee beforehand for early morning game drives. Remember, when you are in the vehicle, you are part of the scenery. When you are outside the vehicle, you are slow moving lunch. LOL. Obviously Tauck would not let you out in any place of jeopardy.
  • Our game drives at Kruger National park from the Lion Sands and Sabi Sabi Resorts were all three hours.
  • People so get out to check the tires, not often, but they do. So don’t worry, the guides check the coast is clear, you do want you have to do and get back into the safari vehicles. Times vary very much on how long you are out for them.