March 5th Departure

HI: I am Nancy from Fort Lauderdale FL and will be traveling solo on the March 5th departure. I'm really looking forward to this adventure ! This will be my 13th Tauck trip. Who else is out there ??

Comments

• Hi Nancy. We took this trip last year and it was amazing. Wish we were on it again. Have a great time.
  • Hi Nancy - we are on this trip. Look forward to meeting you. Sounds like you have traveled a lot with Tauck. What have been your top trips?
  • Hi Nancy. I am Susie from Colorado. My husband Bob and I are also on the 5 March trip. This is only our 2nd Tauck trip, the other one being the Best of Ireland.
  • Hi, We are Arno and Janet from Virginia Beach, VA and will be on this tour as well. It is our first Tauck trip and our first time to Australia and New Zealand. We're coming in on 3/2 and going to see the Philip Island penguins before the tour begins. We look forward to meeting you all!
  • Just curious, how many men will be taking their sports coat? Seems like a lot of space taken for an item only worn once or twice when packing for a month is already difficult. But... don't want to be disrespectful of the guidelines and fellow passengers by disregarding it. Advice from previous travellers and opinions of others on this trip welcomed!
  • My husband did not take a sports coat on this tour and it was the same for many others on our particular tour. He wore a nice dress shirt and possibly a tie, some just wore t shirts in the evening
  • CatLover8 wrote:
    Hi Nancy - we are on this trip. Look forward to meeting you. Sounds like you have traveled a lot with Tauck. What have been your top trips?

HI Cat Lover ! My favs so far have been Japan and Kenya & Tanzania. Hopefully this one will now be #1 !
  • SEPeters wrote:
    Hi Nancy. I am Susie from Colorado. My husband Bob and I are also on the 5 March trip. This is only our 2nd Tauck trip, the other one being the Best of Ireland.

HI Susie: I have always had wonderful tours with Tauck. Hopefully this will be my #1 !
  • HI Cat Lover ! My favs so far have been Japan and Kenya & Tanzania. Hopefully this one will now be #1 !

We enjoyed Kenya and Tanzania also. When were you there?
  • edited January 2018
    vbeachjan wrote:
    Hi, We are Arno and Janet from Virginia Beach, VA and will be on this tour as well. It is our first Tauck trip and our first time to Australia and New Zealand. We're coming in on 3/2 and going to see the Philip Island penguins before the tour begins. We look forward to meeting you all!
    Hi Arno and Jan - we are arriving on 3/2 and are planning to do Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island penguins. No reservations yet, still researching options as there are many to choose from. Looking forward to this trip and many adventures!
  • CatLover8 wrote:
    We enjoyed Kenya and Tanzania also. When were you there?

July 2016 with Tauck
  • Anyone on March 2nd departure from LAX on VA leaving at 11:20 PM?
  • Anyone on March 2nd departure from LAX on VA leaving at 11:20 PM?
    Wish we were. We took that flight several years ago and it was one of the best we've experienced in Business Class.
  • edited January 2018
    AshvEd wrote:
    Wish we were. We took that flight several years ago and it was one of the best we've experienced in Business Class.

HI: That's good to hear ! I am going Biz Class but have trouble sleeping on planes. Any advice so I can be off and running once I get to AU ?
  • SEPeters wrote:
    Hi Arno and Jan - we are arriving on 3/2 and are planning to do Great Ocean Road and Phillip Island penguins. No reservations yet, still researching options as there are many to choose from. Looking forward to this trip and many adventures!

Hi Susie! We leave from LA on 2/28 on Air New Zealand for 3/2 arrival. We look forward to meeting you. Small world, our son and daughter-in-law live in Evergreen. He's a paramedic in Denver.

British, Thank you for your reassuring comment on the sports coat.

As for sleeping on the long flight, some great advice was offered. We traveled to Africa a few years ago and I tried an Ambien. I didn't like my reaction to it. The other ideas, I will try. We're in "premium economy", not sure what exactly that is like, but it's all an adventure.
  • Premium Economy is good value for money and food is the same as Business, you are in your own cabin section, called by your name etc. we flew to Australia and then to NZ a few years later using Premium Economy, Qantas and Air New Zealand.
  • HI: That's good to hear ! I am going Biz Class but have trouble sleeping on planes. Any advice so I can be off and running once I get to AU ?
    There is a lot of advice on what to do and take to get a restful sleep on these long flights. There are various OTC products that help some people with sleep. I have used an Ambien for long flights and to help with jet lag the first few night after the flight. As with most prescribed meds, it is not for everyone. We arrived in Melbourne about noon, checked into our hotel, took a shower and hit the streets for some fresh air and exercise. Enjoy the trip.
  • British wrote:
    Premium Economy is good value for money and food is the same as Business, you are in your own cabin section, called by your name etc. we flew to Australia and then to NZ a few years later using Premium Economy, Qantas and Air New Zealand.

Thank you! We hoped that the seats would be a little wider and have a little more recline. I'm not a very good sitting up sleeper, so it seemed like a good gamble.
  • vbeachjan wrote:
    Hi Susie! We leave from LA on 2/28 on Air New Zealand for 3/2 arrival. We look forward to meeting you. Small world, our son and daughter-in-law live in Evergreen. He's a paramedic in Denver.

Hi Jan
    We fly out of LA on 2/28 also, but on a direct to Melbourne flight on United. Small work indeed! Wee look forward to meeting you both
  • vbeachjan wrote:

Hi Jan
    We fly out of LA on 2/28 also, but on a direct to Melbourne flight on United. Small world indeed! We look forward to meeting you both

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file