Galapagos Dec 2017 - Guayaquil Day trips

Hi! I am going on the Dec 2017 trip, arriving a few days early. Anyone interested in joining me for a couple of day trips? One day in the city and one day at a Hacienda in the country.

Comments

• I'm on the same trip. Greatly looking forward to it. I arrive one day early, but don't expect to have a lot of energy for extra exploring. I also don't know the 'lay of the land' in Guayaquil. But, teaming up sounds like a good idea.
  • edited November 2017
    JohnDay wrote:
    I'm on the same trip. Greatly looking forward to it. I arrive one day early, but don't expect to have a lot of energy for extra exploring. I also don't know the 'lay of the land' in Guayaquil. But, teaming up sounds like a good idea.

Guayquil is not an especially picturesque or interesting city. We did a brief drive around at the end of P&G and there just wasn't much to see. Be careful of pickpockets, also.
  • I would agree with Alan on Guayaquil, the one good thing about going to the Galápagos Islands is that it is only about an hour different in time to the US east coast, so at least jet lag is not an issue. You get awoken at 6am by a ship announcement that starts at low volume and gradually gets louder.
  • Thanks for the tips.
  • Hi! I am going on the Dec 2017 trip, arriving a few days early. Anyone interested in joining me for a couple of day trips? One day in the city and one day at a Hacienda in the country.
  • How was the trip? We are going in a few weeks.
    How was Guayaquil? We have an extra day there.
    Thanks,
    Barbara
  • edited February 2018
    It is a great tour. His October post was his first and only, smdeisinger hasn't been back since. You are better off reading the archives or hope that someone else weighs in but since British and I were the only ones to initially respond to this thread don't get your hopes up in Guayaquil. There just isn't a lot to say about it- it is just a city with few points of interest.
  • Hi - we're on the Feb 12 tour ~ is that the same as yours?
  • mazalea wrote:
    Hi - we're on the Feb 12 tour ~ is that the same as yours?

No, ours is the February 26 tour
  • We did the Guayquil day trip of cocoa plantation. ride on a canoe thru jungles of birds and animals. worth the time spent!
  • RosewoodJo wrote:
    We did the Guayquil day trip of cocoa plantation. ride on a canoe thru jungles of birds and animals. worth the time spent!

How did you find out about a day trip to Cocoa Plantation? We are going on Jan. 27 to Guayquil and would love to do that!
  • Meral wrote:
    How did you find out about a day trip to Cocoa Plantation? We are going on Jan. 27 to Guayquil and would love to do that!

If RosewoodJo doesn't respond just google it ("day trips from Guayaquil," "Cocoa Plantation day trips in . . . " etc. and/or go to TripAdvisor or Viator. The first four responses I got to the search I just did were to TripAdvisor and Viator.
  • Thank you! I'll look into day trips from Guayaquil!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file