Options

Classic Italy, Small Groups, 5-17-18 Anyone else going?

Classic Italy, Small Groups, 5-17-18 Anyone else going?

Bobbie Jo "BJ" and Cathy
Southern Pines and Cameron, NC

Comments

• Options
    My husband and I are going on the Classic Italy Small Group Tour starting 5-16-18 in Sorrento.

Rhonda and Jim Parkhouse
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    We just returned from the April 6 - 22nd trip last week.

You are going to have such a great time.

This was our second Tauck tour and the first Italy tour of 2018. April is a great time to tour Italy with mild temps and sunny days. It was also the best trip ever. Behind the scenes planning and execution by our tour director was a large part of this success. We added a day on the front and back of the trip. Tauck handled everything seamlessly with clear instructions before, during, and after the tour. No worries whatsoever. Being in a small group, the hotels were both centrally located and absolutely excellent. No wasted time traveling in and out of the city every day. Everywhere we went the restaurants were top of the line and the food was amazing. The daily activities were well planned and we also had time to ourselves to do things not included if we wanted. Our excellent tour director provided us with a list of suggestions of things to see and places to eat in each new location for our personal time. The provided local guides were amazing. It is an active tour but is very doable. It was so nice to not have to wait in the massive lines of people at the major sites. The after hours tours of the Vatican Museum, the Sistine Chapel, and St Mark’s was breathtaking. We had the entire building just for our group. I can’t begin to describe all the tour highlights.
  • Options
    edited January 22

so excited to see this post. My husband and I are taking our first trip to Italy on the small group Classic tour in May. Arriving early and staying later, as it sounds like you did as well. We also added on the Capri excursion they offered. Packing is my concern. If you have any thoughts or suggestions on this I'd love to hear! I figure a combo or shorts/capris by day for me, but evenings seem to be my concern. Thank you for all your wonderful comments

• Options

My husband and I are going and we’re really looking forward to it! I’m also concerned about packing, especially with the dressier dinners. Any advice would be appreciated.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file