Tuesday, July 31, 2018

We are sailing from Reykjavik On Tuesday, July 31. We are arriving one day prior.

Is anyone reading this, joining us?

Susan

Comments

• edited November 2017
    Hi Susan,
    I assume you mean for 2018?
    We're doing the same trip and arriving on July 30th because we're coming from SFO. I need time to acclimate.
    We're also staying 2 extra days after the tour. I want to do the city tour but I'm not certain we'll have enough time prior to joining the group. We're going back to the Blue Lagoon after the tour to just relax. Well, that's the plan for now anyway.

MonaD
  • Hello MonaD,

We are also arriving July 30, for the same reason. Connecting through Minneapolis.

The reviews for our trip look good, except with the new ship, some things will change. Do not know what that will be yet.

We really enjoy traveling with Tauck and know Iceland will be fascinating.

Look forward to meeting you.

Susan and Max
  • Hi Susan,
    Yes, we love Tauck and have traveled with them several times too.
    My concern is this ship looks pretty dressy and I sure hope that's not the case.
    See you there!
    Mona & Dan
  • edited November 2017
    If this is a dressy tour then I will take maybe two dressy outfits. If you have been looking at pictures in brochures about the boat, it is safe to ignore it. It reminds me of the website for the evening train ride and dinner that Tauck includes on one of the Africa trips. The website showed people in evening wear, one woman with a plunging neckline and long dress. In reality on the tour people were in no more than tee shirts. I am looking forward to my Iceland tour. On most of the Tauck tours it seems to be the men who are resistant to dressing up.
    I am on a tour now, not Tauck. One woman wore the same outfit for four days, which is fine, but she had such terrible body odor it made me feel sick to be near her. Thankfully for the the rest of us she comited on the small plane and was complaining she had to wash her tee shirt. Thank you, there is a god.
  • MonaD wrote:
    Hi Susan,
    Yes, we love Tauck and have traveled with them several times too.
    My concern is this ship looks pretty dressy and I sure hope that's not the case.
    See you there!
    Mona & Dan

Mona,
    I have been on three of Tauck's small ships including the Iceland tour a number of years ago. The ship is owned by a French company, and Tauck has about half of the passengers while the rest are French. Some of the French do dress up for dinner, however it is not necessary. The captain's welcome might be a little dressier, but basically for a woman, a nice pair of slacks and blouse work fine. For the men, I do not remember too many wearing jackets, even though some did, but most wore a collared shirt. For the captain's dinner, many of the men did wear a tie.
    This was a fantastic tour and I think about redoing it many times, but there are too many other places that I want to visit.
  • As I am trying to separate winter clothes and summer clothes,, I am trying to at least organize for summer travel.
    We are not taking any dressy clothes
    Planning on nice, casual in the evening. If it is a person's custom, so it will be.

We have not received any ship updates. Hope all is on schedule.

Susan
  • As I am trying to separate winter clothes and summer clothes,, I am trying to at least organize for summer travel.
    We are not taking any dressy clothes
    Planning on nice, casual in the evening. If it is a person's custom, so it will be.

We have not received any ship updates. Hope all is on schedule.

Susan
  • I looked up Iceland for that time of year. High of 55. Burrr
  • linny wrote:
    I looked up Iceland for that time of year. High of 55. Burrr

As with every trip, the trick is to take layers. When I did this tour a few years ago, I had clothes for cold (55) weather. One day the temperature was in the upper 70s. I spent most of the time with no jacket, just a long sleeve shirt and was comfortable. I was there in July. Enjoy.
  • I think the first Iceland Cruise is operating now. Hoping someone will post when they return.
  • We're flying Delta through MSP, arriving July 30th. Hope to meet you!
    Debbie Scott & Tom Glover

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file