reading material for trip

Hello !!
I had been looking online at some point and saw where Tauck had some great suggestion for books regarding what to do on free time on the Rhine Amsterdam/Zurich trip. Now I can't find it anywhere.. Could someone tell me where it is???? Thank you!!

Comments

• The book company that used to supply great book titles for Tauck went out of business, it is such a shame, they were great.
  • I miss that feature too. Did some searching and found that Rick Steves website now has lists of books and movies. His guided books have included lists in the past so I'm wondering if this is new on the website where I've never seen it before.

Here is the link:

https://www.ricksteves.com/europe/books-movies

I did use the old list the Tauck had before we went on our Rhine cruise. My favorites are:
    - Amsterdam: A History of the World's Most Liberal City by Russell Shorto - interesting history of the Netherlands and what makes it so different from the rest of Europe, also has a section where the author interviews another jewish woman who actually knew Anne Frank
    - Tulip Fever by Deborah Moggach (author of Best Exotic Marigold Hotel) - also made into a movie

FYI - the ships on demand TV system in each stateroom includes movies appropriate to the cruise e.g. A Bridge Too Far on the Rhine, Saving Private Ryan, Gigi on the Seine, etc.
  • thank you Claudia and British for you assistance! Great website Claudia with much information. So excited to be going. Our second Tauck trip and we loved our first one. Never did a river cruise before so thought time to go with the best!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file