Options

food saftey on elegant adventure

On the August 24th trip and wondering whether it is safe to eat salad and cut fruit on this trip or is it necessary to stick to cooked foods and only fruit we can peel ? How about Sushi ?? We will only eat in recommended restaurants. Linda

Comments

• Options
    I was on this trip last October. Food safety was never a concern at any of the included meals in the lodges or hotels you will be staying at. I ate anything and everything, no problems and found the food to be excellent. I feel certain that if there were any concerns in a location, your Tauck guides would let you know. For the few meals that you eat on your own, the standard food safety precautions apply.

Enjoy, this is a phenomenal trip. You're in for a real treat!
  • Options
    On the August 24th trip and wondering whether it is safe to eat salad and cut fruit on this trip or is it necessary to stick to cooked foods and only fruit we can peel ? How about Sushi ?? We will only eat in recommended restaurants. Linda

There are no concerns about food safety in the lodges. When you get to Cape Town you will find it is a very modern city with great food. One of the best meals we have ever had was the tasting menu at the Cape Grace, my husband had the regular one and I had the vegetarians one, i’m not veggie but thought it sounded good and it was! Oh and we had the wine pairings, a great way to start the pre trip!