Switzerland in Sept

We are taking the Switzerland Crown Jewel trip in Sept. Any ideas for an extra day at the beginning and end. What is the best way to get back to Geneva for a day? Suggestions for what to do there? And how far and best way to get to Zurich at end of trip. Ideas for that extra day? Thank you.

Comments

• I plan on spending an extra 2 nights in Lucerne and doing a day trip to Zurich for one of those days. The train to Zurich takes 46 minutes and costs around $31usd each way. You can also take the train to Geneva from Montreux which takes around an hour. You can check raileurope.com for the schedules and cost.
  • Here is a website that has a good self guided walking tour of Zurich.
    https://www.gpsmycity.com/tours/city-orientation-walking-tour-3495.html
  • We are planning an extra night in both Montreux and Lucerne. On the Sunday before the group meet up we are planning a trip by train (15 minutes) to the village of Rivaz where it is a short walk to Vinorama where you can taste local Swiss wines. Will probably have a light lunch in Rivaz or one of the other villages on the lake before getting the train back. Had not planned anything yet for Lucerne, but Zurich sounds like a good idea.
  • What is there we should not miss in Montreux and what is the best way to tour those sights.
  • Hi! I'm a single gal going on the Switzerland trip on September 23rd, 2018. Wondering if there are any other single gals going on that tour. :-) I'd love to be in touch. I will also be arriving 1 day early in Montreux. Would love to hear from anyone on the trip. Thank you! :-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file