weather clothing

I will be traveling in early April on a few safaris...what weather gear should i anticipate needing?
Im not sure if sneakers are acceptable or should i carry my army boots? They are quite heavy to pack!

Comments

• Sneakers are perfectly fine. Think about wearing layers. The early morning safaris were quite cold before the sun came up. It also cools down quickly after sunset on the late afternoon/early evening safaris. We had blankets provided on our safaris so that helped too. This trip is spectacular.
  • edited September 2018
    Elayne wrote:
    I will be traveling in early April on a few safaris...what weather gear should i anticipate needing?
    Im not sure if sneakers are acceptable or should i carry my army boots? They are quite heavy to pack!

I get the impression you are not traveling with Tauck. Army boots!!!!! There is no walking involved on safari, you are in vehicles all the time to protect you from things thst might eat you. Occasionally walking safaris are offered but you will not need army boots for those, just fully enclosed shoes.