Botswana, South Africa and Zambia August 10, 2019.

Our names are Howie and Donna. Looking forward to meeting fellow travelers and tips from past adventurers. We are from Florida and leaving from JFK on Aug. 7th to be in Livingston 2 days early. Looking at flights now. Thanks in advance for your replys.

Comments

• Hi Howie, welcome to this board. Before Alan S and British reply, I can't tell you how much this board helped us prepare. If you haven't done so already, I read practically every thread for the last three years before our May trip. It was incredibly helpful and helped me formulate my questions. While I don't do as well as others, after your return it would be great for you to pay it forward and let others know about your experiences. It's a fabulous adventure, I'm sure the excitement will build.
  • Thank so much. We are reading everything we can. Can’t thank all enough for their posts.
  • Howser54 wrote:
    Thank so much. We are reading everything we can. Can’t thank all enough for their posts.

When on Safari, make use of the laundry facilities on the first day, and you won't have to pack near as much as you think! There is no dressing up for dinner, you come off safari and eat directly, either at a beautiful site or back to the lodge. Everything is super casual on this safari tour, and no one seemed overly concerned with dressing up except for the Livingstone and Cape Town portions of the trip.

This trip is very fast paced with very little down time - we enjoyed it tremendously, and didn't want to miss a thing!
  • so t shirts and jeans are good?