Options

Arriving early to Barcelona

Hi....We are on the May 27 trip to Spain and will be arriving on Saturday. Any one else arriving early. Any recommendations for Sunday. Is the Dali and Picasso museums worth it , or do you think something else

Comments

• Options
    Hi: We are taking this trip also and would appreciate your comments when you return. We depart on August 31,2012. have a great time. Pat
  • Options
    My wife and I were fortunate enough to take this tour last September. It was our sixth international trip with Tauck and one of our favorites. Honestly, it just keeps getting better each day, culminating with a fitting conclusion - two days in the most beautiful city in Europe, Paris. Barcelona is a vibrant city that is especially geared to tourists who love to experience local culture by walking through the historical neighborhoods. The El Palace Hotel is very centrally located and within walking distance of many major sites. Or, there is always the metro system (very easy to navigate) or taxis. I would recommend skipping the Picasso museum which often has a very long line. It makes no sense to see Dali in Barcelona, because you will visit his museum and home in Figueres. It is one of the most fascinating and bizarre "art" destinations that you could imagine - we loved it. On Sunday, I would suggest a morning stroll through the Barri Gotic area, culminating at the Cathedral around 11:00. For centuries, following mass, the locals have congregated in the square in front of the church to perform their traditional dance, the Saldana. It is a special opportunity to see residents of the city perpetuate their culture and heritage. In the afternoon, I suggest a trip to the top of Montjuic for a spectacular view of the Mediterranean and all of Barcelona. Or, stroll down Passeig de Gracia to view/visit many of the most famous buildings designed by Gaudi. Do not make a special trip to the Sagrada Familia, because you will make an extensive visit with Tauck. Once you get into France, there are many surprises in store, particularly if you have no preconceived expectations. Enjoy the beautiful scenery, wonderful food and outstanding wine. And, we hope you love our favorite destination, the beautiful Biarritz. Hope you have a great trip. We are visiting China with Tauck this September!
  • Options
    Hi

We just got back from the April 26 tour of Spain. The Picasso museum was really interesting as you normally do not see that much of his straight representative work. Because there is free entry after 3 P.M. on Sunday, it is not that crowded in the morning/early afternoon. If you do go, you would be wise to go online and get tickets ahead of time and so bypass the lines entirely. (The concierge can do it for you if you want to wait until you're actually there).

There is also a fabulous Miro museum in Montjuic.

This discussion has been closed.