Options

Does anyone know about the Rome Pass?

I am taking my 14 yr old God-daughter on the Sweet Life tour in June. There is so much included on this tour (I know because I took my God-son on this same tour three years ago when he was 14.) I have been doing extra research, different child, different activities during our spare time hours... Anyway, I am wondering if anyone out there is familiar with the Rome Pass and if it would be worth getting? I would appreciate any opinions on the matter.
Thank you,
Susana

Comments

• Options
    From Rick Steve's website: "Few of them are worth the trouble, but some noteworthy exceptions pay for themselves in a hurry. Worthwhile museum passes in Paris, Rome, and Berlin cover nearly all the major sights." I know the one in Paris is really worthwhile, especially since you can skip the long lines at the Louvre.

Based on this I would take a closer look. I understand that there are several flavors of pass in Rome, so it pays to do a little reseach. The best bet is to get hold of Rick's Rome guidebook. He is always good at doing an honest appraisal of whether you should get the pass and how much you'd need to see to make it worthwhile.
  • Options
    Also, take a look at your tour itinerary- what are you scheduled to see and how much free time will you have to visit places included in the pass. Does the pass get you head of the line privileges anywhere? That is important for some places, especially in Italy.