Other excursions

Does anyone know if the excursion to the Western Wall includes a tour of the tunnels? It seems that on Day 6, Tauck writes an excursion to the wall with an afternoon of leisure. When I called Tauck they said the afternoon is not a time of leisure but a trip to the Holocaust Museum. I would like to see the tunnels but don't know when I would book the trip.

Comments

• AliceS wrote:
    Does anyone know if the excursion to the Western Wall includes a tour of the tunnels? It seems that on Day 6, Tauck writes an excursion to the wall with an afternoon of leisure. When I called Tauck they said the afternoon is not a time of leisure but a trip to the Holocaust Museum. I would like to see the tunnels but don't know when I would book the trip.

We went on this trip in October 2018. Just before we visited Jerusalem, we visited Akko (Acre), a city dating back to the Pharoahs. This is taken from the Green book - "A walking tour through the city takes in the Knight's Hall, the citadel and prison, as well as ancient TUNNELS". These tunnels were amazing and I don't know if it is what you are thinking about. As I remember during our day at the Wall, we walked around the Old City - all 4 quarters - but not in any real tunnels. I do not remember an additional excursion for it either.
  • There are tunnels at the wall. The tour is about 90 minutes for about $11.00. Did you book private excursions before you left? I’ve booked on Viator when on a Viking cruise.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file