Options

Trying to make decision on Rhine River cruise

This September we are taking our first river cruise, The Blue Danube which we are certain we will enjoy. We are already in the process of researching and planning a river cruise for 2020. I am having a difficult time making a decision between The Rhine, Swiss Alps and Amsterdam and The Rhine and Moselle. I would appreciate input from those who have taken one or both. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options

We went on Rhine, Swiss Alps and Amsterdam a few years ago. We picked this trip because it visited the Jungfrau. It truly was the highlight of our trip. We enjoyed Bern Switzerland immensely and actually started our trip with 2 days in Zurich on our own. Tauck did pick us up from our hotel in Zurich and provided a private limo for the 2 hour ride to Bern. Everywhere we went we were served fantastic chocolate and good (but heavy) food both on the boat and on our own. The only downside was little guided tour time in Amsterdam. We solved that by staying there an extra 2 days in time fo visit the Keukenhoff gardens (in April) and day trip to Bruges. If we had it to do over, I would just add another day at least in Amsterdam.

• Options

We plan to spend an extra day in Amsterdam before our cruise begins. We visited Bruges on a previous trip. Thank you , Sherry for your recommendations.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file