Options

Last Call for June 7 Budapest to Prague

Hello:
Anyone on this June 7 trip? We are coming into Budapest next Wednesday, June 6. We're traveling from Philadelphia, and would be happy to meet up with anyone coming in early too.
Sharon

Comments

• Options
    We are also coming in on the 6th from Florida. We have booked a guide to take us and another couple from NY to the Jewish Quarters on the 7th. Staying 2 extra days in Prague. Looking forward to a great trip. Bernice & Michael Klabanoff.
  • Options
    Hi Bernice:

Good to hear from you. Can we maybe tag along to Jewish Quarter on the 7th?

We are staying an extra night in Prague, and I have booked a highly recommended tour guide (Svetlana) to pick up us at 10 on that Monday morning. She will take us to the Jewish museum and some other sites for 3-4 hours. Her tour can take up to 6 people in a van, and her rate is very reasonable.

What airline are you on? What time do you get into Budapest? Maybe we can all have dinner on Wed. night.

We are listed under Sharon Harris and Norman Zlotnick.

Looking forward to meeting you.

Sharon
  • Options
    Hi, Sharon,
    We are the couple from New York, traveling with Bernice and Michael. You are certainly welcome to join us for dinner if we can change our reservation. I have a res. for 4 at Costes. If the concierge can change it to 6, it's fine with all of us.

If not, we can get together for Friday night dinner, when we are again "on our own".

We can talk about the private tours when we see you.

We should all be arriving in Budapest sometime in mid-afternoon on the 6th. Leave a message for us at the desk with your room # and we will do the same.. Our plane arrives at 12:10, the Klabanoffs around 1:10.

Looking forward to meeting you ! Paula and Bruce Trauner (This will be our 7th Tauck tour, we love Tauck !)
  • Options
    Hi Paula:

Good to hear from you too. That would be so nice to join you, Bruce, Bernice and Michael. Our usual Tauck travel buddies from RI are going to Scandanavia this year instead of taking this trip. So, we are happy to meet new friends, and I appreciate your invitation. As for the tour, I would be happy to split whatever fees you have arranged.

Our flight gets into Budapest at 10:10 a.m., so we will probably be at the hotel first. But, I will definitely leave my name and room # for both you and Bernice. Are you also staying two extra days in Prague?

Quick question...what are you actually bringing for the night in Vienna at the palace? I've heard different things and don't want to overload. Is Bruce wearing a suit? Sport coat? Tie?

This is our 8th Tauck tour, and we also love them. It will be interesting to compare notes as to which trips we've all taken. We've met some wonderful people on these tours. We met our RI friends on the first one in 2004- Northern Italian Lakes. It was wonderful.

Where in NY are you from? My husband Norman is originally from Brooklyn and my niece lives thers now, as does his sister.
    Thanks for the message.
    Sharon
  • Options
    Hi, Sharon,
    We met the Klabanoffs on the Tauck "Classic italy" tour, last summer. Yes, we are also staying 2 extra days in Prague. Michael arranged a half-day tour to Terezin for Monday and a half-day Jewish Ghetto walking tour for tuesday.

For the fancy dinner at the palace, I am wearing a glittery tank top with matching jacket over dressy black slacks. Bruce will wear a blue blazer, tie and grey slacks. He is not bringing a suit and I am not bringing a dress- I hate dresses.

We live in Hewlett, part of "the Five Towns" , on Long Island. . Are you familiar with it? My family is originally from Manhattan Beach , Brooklyn and my son and daughter-in-law live in Boerum Hill, Brooklyn. They absolutely adore Brooklyn. We spend a lot of time there. the restaurants are fantastic ! Bruce is an attorney, works in Manhattan, semi-retired. I am a retired teacher.

If you want to switch out of this forum into regular email, that is fine with me.
  • Options
    Paula:

You read my mind. My email is sharonhar@aol.com.

My husband Norman is also an attorney. We are in Atlantic County, NJ, about 20 minutes from Atlantic City. I am originally a suburban Philadelphia girl and Norman was from Williamsburg when it was run down and dangerous...a far cry from today.

I am a business and consumer journalist, but taught high school English for 5 years many years ago.

I know the five towns well because I went to school in North Jersey and numerous people in my dorm were from Syoset, Valley Stream, Lawrence, etc. I went to a wedding three years ago in Hempstead or Garden City at the Carlton? in the park. It was lovely.

Norman and Bruce will have loads to discuss about the law, I'm sure.

I'll make sure Norman has a sports jacket and a tie. I didn't think he needed to wear a suit.

Sharon
  • Options
    Please post when you get back and let us know if Tauck gives us a tour of the Jewish Quarters and if so did you feel that you need to book an additional tour of the Jewish Quarters the next day? We are staying in Prague 2 extra days after the tour ends. Thanks
  • Options
    Hi,
    We are going to start our vacation with 4 extra days in Prague and I also would like to know how your private tour in Prague went and email contact information.
    Much thanks and Aloha from Hawaii
    Gerri
  • Options
    Hi Gerri and skyboy:

My email is sharonhar@aol.com, so send me your questions and I'll be happy to give you the best answers. I also can recommend a couple of private guides for you, plus some good ideas of what to see and where to eat.

In Prague, you do get the choice of whether to take the walking tour that will spend a lot of time at the Jewish Quarter. The Spanish synagogue is gorgeous. Almost everyone chose that tour, which was emotional for sure, and it is done on foot.

When do you leave and which direction are you going? Also, what is your room number on the boat? It is really elegant.

Aloha to you too from New Jersey

Sharon
This discussion has been closed.