Ayutthaya day trip from Bangkok?

Anyone on the February 7 tour interested in a day trip to Ayutthaya from Bangkok on Saturday, February 22? We’re staying an extra night in Bangkok, flying home on the 23rd, and thought we might book a day trip to Ayutthaya, which a friend recommended. I emailed the hotel to find out if they could suggest a tour company for the day trip.

Comments

• I see you have not received any responses yet, we did a similar trip but with a competitor. We had a private tour to Ayutthaya and also visited a nearby market the same day as well as learning about the night market. We found the tour to be interesting and worthwhile.

• Thank you for responding. I booked the day trip, and from photos/comments I’ve seen/read, it looks like an interesting tour.

• Hi, I am also going to Bangkok next month and am considering a day trip to Ayutthaya, What tour company did you go with and what was your experience? I need to decide between a day trip to the floating markets or Ayutthaya. Any advice?

• How did the day trips to ayutthaya work out? I’m going in March 2022 and staying an extra day.

• edited June 2021

We stayed an extra day and went to Ayutthaya on a day trip in 2014. Well worth it. We booked through Viator (TripAdvisor affiliate) from one of the best reviewed operators (Tour East Thailand). As with several choices, we opted for one that visited the Summer Palace (c.1660), the ancient temple ruins (c. 1350) and then returned by river to Bangkok. Lunch included on the boat. Hotel pickup and docked on return within walking distance of the hotel (as I recall). The hotel being the Shangri-La in case they are using a different hotel.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file