Options

Dusty roads and contact lens

If one wears contact lens, does all this dust during the road trips cause problems. I'm looking for a response from someone who has been there and wears lens or the Tauck rep. Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    Curt - See my reply on the July 27 topic!
  • Options
    Curt wrote:
    If one wears contact lens, does all this dust during the road trips cause problems. I'm looking for a response from someone who has been there and wears lens or the Tauck rep. Thank you.
    My husband wears contacts and never complained once. He wears the kind you take out at night.
  • Options
    My sister-in-law & I both wear contacts & had the same question a year ago at this time. Neither one of us wanted to have to wear glasses. We decided to get a pair of Solar Shield Sunglasses that would fit over our regular glasses. (Some are much more stylish than the large eye-dr.handouts after a dilation!!) They also have a deep rim around them. That way, we could wear them with or without glasses. If we found the dust to be too bad, & bothersome for contacts, we would have the option of wearing those over our regular glasses. But with the extra deep rim, we never had a problem with dust. There WAS dust, but we never had a problem. We attached with eye-glass holders for easy on-off when using our cameras or binoculars.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I wear hard contact lenses and windy weather can wreak havoc! I rarely venture out without sunglasses. I have them for every season! I also have a pair of wrap-around sunglasses that I always make sure I have when travelling. They are very useful when you are on the water or just in windy or dusty surroundings. I didn't have the contact lens issue when I when went on safari ... young eyes and all that! But every time I went to Egypt the dust of Middle Egypt nearly drove me insane ... and blind. You can't see much with your eyes closed tight!

You can buy glasses with little flaps on the side, designed for extreme snow conditions like Antarctica or mountaineering. These would probably work for dusty conditions, too, if you already had them. Add a pith helmet, multi-pocket shirt and bandana and you could really look the part on safari, or possibly not! ;)

Not to make light of the contact lens issue. Been there. Often still there.

Cheers,

Jan

This discussion has been closed.