Options

The newest Tauck compass

Just looked at the newest Tauck compass and it makes me want to travel so badly!!!! Love all the talk about the foods and wine and I think I even recognized some of the places.

Comments

• Options

I know what you mean about wanting to travel. I had a dream last night that my wife and I had made a ‘little’ enjoyable trip to Paris ... we were there for fourteen months.

• Options

I was just now reading an article that does not sound great for long distance travel. I am hopeful that this mess we are in is sorted out soon. Here is a link to the article.
    Two new studies indicate COVID-19 can spread on long airline flights, promote distancing
    https://news.yahoo.com/two-studies-indicate-covid-19-213244020.html

• Options

Is that the study based on a flight prior to mask mandates, etc?

• Options

Claudia Sails
    Is that the study based on a flight prior to mask mandates, etc?

The article says the two flights looked at (Boston to Hong Kong and London to Hanoi) were in March and the studies don't spell out whether the passengers were wearing masks. My guess is that since it was fairly early on, at least some, if not all, of the people infected weren't wearing masks, but there is no way to know.

It's more concerning that they were seated in business class, which by its nature should have more distance, but still not six feet apart.

• Options

Love the Compass newsletter that just arrived with the foodie focus. Of course since part of it was the Santa Fe cooking school I'm prejudiced.