Vaccine news!

Well.....my girlfriend in England got the vaccine today and we just had an email from an aunt who got it too, she does not live in a nursing home so, even though no one can enter or leave the U.K. at least they are getting vaccine fast. My girlfriend said it was a very efficient system, enter big building, stop at one desk for paperwork, another to check for wellness, another for the vaccine and another to wait for fifteen minutes to ensure no reaction ....and no lines....I assured her that this time next year I’ll probably be complaining I still didn’t get my shot.....

Comments

• British - I've heard that Tauck swimsuit models are in the 6th and last priority group! Just kidding. I hope we've all been vaccinated no later than June 1st. My daughter, who works in a Dallas hospital, received her first vaccination shot a few days ago, with no adverse reaction.

• You are too funny Sam. Here in nearby Philly, only 9000 people have had the vaccine so far. Isn’t that unbelievable! Maybe if I could get to model a few more costumes it might put me higher up on the list.

• I would like to see Tauck, with their international connections, procure the vaccine and offer it to their good customers. Hint, hint, Dan Mahar!

• Tauck funded vaccines aren't likely but tests might be.

• Tests maybe, but vaccines will be free

• NM just announced free home saliva tests boosting our state testing rate of 14,000 a day to 20,000.

• I know... My comment above was tongue in cheek.

• Florida just announced they will start vaccination all seniors over 65. Starting in one central fl county this week. We are waiting for schedule in our county. Merry Xmas to all

• We are CDC category 1B, but I expect everyone that frequents the ‘French Laundry’ will be ahead of us. (;-)

• C & S. You must have missed our governor violating his own covid rules with a dozen other people. The bill for the wine was fifteen hundred dollars. He said it was outdoors cuz the doors were open. roll eyes

• Where is Florida getting all this vaccine from? So they are going to ‘start’ When will they finish? A year”s time?

• Choc
    December 23

Florida just announced they will start vaccination all seniors over 65. Starting in one central fl county this week. We are waiting for schedule in our county. Merry Xmas to all.

That is a majority of the residents, no?

• Fl has 4 million + residents over 65. I am assuming it will be a phased in approach along with the nursing homes and medical people. Each county will get so much at a time.

• One million people in the entire country have been vaccinations. I believe Florida does make even have a mask mandate yet. So the dumb people get the vaccine first, that doesn’t seem fair.

• British
    I believe Florida does make even have a mask mandate yet. So the dumb people get the vaccine first, that doesn’t seem fair.

The dumb people won't want to be vaccinated. Florida has been behind the 8-ball from the start due to having a brain-dead governor.
    And being under 65 and healthy, I'm on the list behind prisoners in my state!

• Florida, which is not locked down has half the number of covid cases per 100,000 in the last fourteen days as California ... which is locked down. Florida has slightly more total covid cases per 100,000 since the start.

• My 96 year old mother is in a nursing home here in MA. We just learned that she will be getting the vaccine next Sunday (1/3) with the second dose at the end of the month. Both residents and staff will be vaccinated. It is being provided by CVS. It will be a while until the rest of us 65+ people will get the vaccine but at least it's a start!

• Until we get the vaccine here's something we all need to do. Maybe it will create 'Good Vibes'!

• I love Costa Rica, been on four different tours there with Tauck. Was once there during the Christmas holiday. The airport was like a zoo, it’s bad enough on a normal day. Always allow plenty of time to get through the airport. Last time we went,Tauck did not allow the usual Three hours. We managed to get ahead because we had status, but not sure if others on the tour caught their flights. I think it’s one the most anxious times I have ever been at an airport.

• MCDMCD
    edited December 2020

This sounds like a great idea, Smilin' Sam, but it's been many years since I've been awake at midnight (on New Years Eve or any other night)! Still, happy new year to all...it has to be better than 2020.

• Darn, I just threw out my pumps and last pair of stilettos!

• In Venezuela you leave a suitcase outside the house by the entrance.. so you'll travel ..in the new year .
    In Colombia someone told me you run naked around the block. :)))

• mil
    December 29
    . . . In Colombia someone told me you run naked around the block. :)))

With a suitcase, or just . . . . oh, never mind. :o

• I had my first vaccine dose today. Still don't understand why DeSantis opened it to 65+ and not have frontline people first. Probably wants to make up for his inadequacies in managing Covid-19 but is too late for that.

• edited December 2020

Congratulations Gladys, I’m so envious! Is it true he’s gone ‘off label’ from what the FDA recommends and just giving one shot for now that won’t be as effective?

• Here's an interesting site that tracks vaccines administered state-by-state.

https://bloomberg.com/graphics/covid-vaccine-tracker-global-distribution/

• milmil
    edited December 2020

AlanS I had to ask my friend. Yes! with the suitcase

• gladysorlando984 Congrats!
    I'm happy for you, better get it A.S.A.P because already people are cheating and they are paying employees of The Jackson Hospital for it , pretending they are close family.. and I know this from a family member who got it today, legally. This is going to happen everywhere.... Sad.