Yosemite & Sequoia June 5th

I just got the good news that this trip is ON ! So excited to be traveling again. Anyone else on this trip ?

Comments

• edited April 2021

Congrats. Our Yosemite trip due to end on May 30 was cancelled.

• We had drinks at the Ahwahnee a couple weeks ago. Everything basically is open. They did lose a bunch of Sequoias in a bad wind storm this winter.

• Sealord. Apparently not “open enough” for the entire Tauck trip to take place.

• edited April 2021

There are two ‘sequoias’, Sequoia National Park, and the Sequoia part of Yosemite. The Sequoia part of Yosemite has been closed for a while cuz they lost eighteen trees to the wind ... some were 2000 years old. We have been to Yosemite four times in the last four months. They are open. There may be a problem with other tour sites.

• Yosemite National Park will limit the number of visitors this summer. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/09/us/yosemite-covid-travel.html

• I’m sure Tauck has already procured any entry passes that are required. If people have hotel reservations, they are not going to be denied entry.

• The key words are “day visitors”. These are the folks who do not have reservations to stay overnight. I had to get day passes for two of our last four visits. It is pretty easy if you plan well in advance. Actually, it makes it a lot more pleasant, and you can even find a parking place.

• 3 days an counting. Till in San Francisco:)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file