Options

Costa Rica and the Panama Canal

We're considering this trip for Jan/Feb 2023. What are the pros and cons of travelling east to west or vice versa? Is Jan or Feb a better choice? Any advice on decks or staterooms? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022

We did the trip with Panama City as the start. We arrived early and saw more of the city than the tour time allows. We enjoyed it there. I believe we took one of the first tours and there were problems that needed to be addressed. SeaLord took I think the trip after us and he had the same issues.
    The places we visited in the Costa Rica part were really sub par compared to places we could have been taken to….we’ve been on different tours in Costa Rica three times with Tauck and also just recently, so I feel I know what I am talking about. The Panama Canal part was fascinating.
    We had a cabin not a suite and regretted it as you spend so much time on the ship. We would have liked a separate sitting area as there is little entertainment on the ship during the day when you get back from an excursion unless you like things like origami lessons and quizzes. Of course there are the views from the ship,

• Options

We like the public areas of the ship, so I would never do a suite unless they comped it. We did enjoy our large suite on “Star Breeze’, which is an all suite ship … but they comped us a really big one. We have done the Panama Canal before but this was our first ‘transit’. We were happy we did it once, but it is not on our repeat list. We have a fourth trip to to Africa coming up, and then a trip down the Rhine. That will complete our ‘canceled’ trip series, and we will go back to something more normal. We normally do one Tauck trip per year, and we are doing four in twelve months. Lot’s of ‘miles’. (;-)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file