Necessary Gear by New Headings

Is anyone having trouble getting their deposit money back for equipment rentals from Necessary Gear by New Headings? We rented some gear for our Antarctica trip which unfortunately we had to cancel. We returned the clothing (never worn so in good shape) and have received confirmation by UPS that is was received 6 weeks ago. Necessary Gear has refused to return our deposit of about $90. And they are being very uncooperative about when, if ever, they intend to return our money. Anyone have a similar experience with this company?

Comments

• I would contact Tauck. As I recall the ‘Necessary Gear by New Headings’ was on the Tauck recommended list. They would probably prefer not to be removed from that list.

• I think the Necessary Gear thing that Tauck push is a joke, there is absolute no need to use them, they are expensive too. I would call Tauck to see if they can help you since they promote the company, see if they have some leverage. You get the most important clothing included in the tour, the famous red jacket.

• ‘The famous red jacket’. That parka is really warm. On cold nights here, after the bedroom fireplace has burned out, she uses it as an additional blanket. Really warm!

• As it turns out I received a call back from New Headings right after I posted my comment and they are in the process of refunding my deposit. A coincidence? Perhaps. They said they were moving their warehouse from CT to PA. and that is why it was taking so long (6 weeks!
    ) to issue the refund. In my mind not an acceptable excuse. I do know they were recommended by Tauck and that was my next move. I was about to let Tauck know that New Headings customer service was not up to Tauck's lofty standards. I'm sure that New Headings would not want to lose a valuable account like Tauck. Waiting for the refund to hit my credit card.

• Received the full credit today. All is forgiven.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file