Options

Savoring France Paris, Lyon and Provence Bike Ride in Arles

So I have been to Arles before so may be interested in the bike ride option. Has anyone done this? I am fine with biking but for my husband I am wondering how hilly the route is.

Comments

• Options

I called Tauck to ask about the bike ride options. Their phone people have more information about the rides than what is listed on our on-line form where we choose options. They told me the Day 6 bike ride is 2 hours, stops at the ruins of an aqueduct, includes being driven up to a hill town and biking down to the ship. The ride descriptions that the Tauck operator had both included warnings about the possibility of fierce mistral winds!

• Options

Thanks for the info! Yes, I’ve experienced Le Mistral that time of year and wouldn’t want to be riding a bike, especially downhill. I’ll stick with my original plan or may possibly rent a car and do some touring on our own.

• Options

I did not participate in the bicycle ride but did experience the mistral winds when in the Camargue region in southern France. This was in April/May of 2019. The winds are so strong (spring and winter) that the trees in some areas are permanently bent to one side. And they are very cold winds!

All in all, it just added to the experience of yet another Tauck tour! Enjoy and please post reviews if you can.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file