Options

Restaurant in Paris walking distance Palais Garnier

I realized after posting this question in my tour specific thread that I should have posted it here since it's a more general question and more people that can answer it might see it. Sorry if this is a double post for some.

My wife and I have some free time in Paris on a Monday in May 2022. We are staying at the Intercontinental and have tickets to the Ballet
in the that evening @ 7:30 across the street at the Palais Garnier. We are looking for a decent restaurant within walking distance. Are "Mondays" and issue with Paris restaurants being open? While we could eat early, we would prefer something after the Ballet which I'm guessing will be 10ish. Not looking for super fancy just really good food. We like small "local" places if venturing out. We can handle enough french to order dinner in a non English speaking place. I read that there is a restaurant at the opera house now which might be an option if we eat before the performance. Has anyone eaten there ?

Thanks
Joel

Comments

• Options

We stayed at the Intercontinental on our first river cruise and last year across the street at the Le Scribe. There are lots of casual places to eat in the area (including a Five Guys burger joint lol) but we usually go pretty light, casual when on our own. Last trip we ate a couple of blocks over at the cafeteria in the Galleries' Lafayette mall. There are actually some nicer restaurants there as well. Their website lists all the options.

When I look for a restaurant near a site, I type the name of it into google to bring up the small map where it's located. I then click on the map and use the options on the left of the screen for "Nearby" options. You can try restaurant, cafe, bakery, etc - you'll get slightly different results. Most places these days will have a website so you can check hours, menus, etc. They may also have a tripadvisor listing with reviews.

You mentioned the restaurant at the opera house. It's called Coco. Here is a link to their website which includes a pdf download of the menu. https://restaurant-coco.com

Other alternatives include dining at the hotel or emailing a request to the concierge asking for recommendations.

Hope this helps.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file