Options

Protocol if Covid is contracted while on the trip

Interested to know what the protocol is if someone contracts Covid while on the trip. I have friends that have been quarantined in Sicily for over a week after their scheduled trip ended due to the both of them having Covid. What responsibility does Tauck take on? What is our personal responsibility?

Comments

• Options

See Tauck's website...Travel Updates...Your Peace of Mind...

• Options

Sorry, but I don't see any information about those getting covid after the trip has begun.

• Options

Tauck is very transparent in discussing COVID protocols. They cannot give specifics since each country has their own protocols to follow. It also depends on the type of tour it is. The best defense is to follow common sense procedures such as mask wearing, social distancing and ensuring you have adequate medical coverage. You are free to contact Tauck directly.

• Options

Tauck says on the Peace of mind and Protocols that if you have their insurance your costs are covered. But yes, it depends on the country you are in. Some countries, you have no choice but to be sent to a government facility. If that is not the case, If you can be quarantined in a hotel, then I am sure Tauck will try to keep you in the last hotel, but I guess if it is full they might have to move you somewhere else. I suggest you look up what rules are for your final country.if you have to stay behind.
    There is your flights to think of too. If you booked those withTauck, they will help you, if you didn’t, I don’t know.
    If our government stops requiring testing before coming back to the US, a lot of the Covid catches will go undiagnosed, but right now there are no plans to stop this requirement.