Travel During Ukraine Crisis

Some of us have or will be traveling aboard a Windstar vessel on our Tauck tours, so I thought this letter from Windstar might be of interest. I have chopped out the ‘advertising’ part.

“Dear Yacht Club Members,

As we head into April our hearts go out to the families and people of the Ukraine and everyone affected by this terrible event. For the sake of our world, we sincerely hope to see changes for the better.

To offer support to our crew and officers from Ukraine, we are currently allowing them to extend their contracts on board, assisting their families with flights to safe places, allowing the families of our Ukrainian crew to come on board the vessels, assisting their families to find shelter, offering their pay in cash to avoid banking issues, and offering counseling services. We will continue to support our Ukrainian officers and crew and their families where we can.

Right now we’re in continuous communication with regional partners throughout the world. One of our top priorities remains guest safety and we manage our plans based on facts, making careful decisions about your continued well-being and quality Windstar experiences. We will continue to watch, listen, and as always, keep you informed.”

Comments

• Wow! That is class. Thank you for sharing.

• Outstanding response…so incredibly sensitive.

• Perhaps this reveals a little of why Windstar is our favorite. They are routinely voted ‘best’ small ship cruise line in one category or another, by one organization or another. They are very good, but don’t expect ‘Broadway’ shows for entertainment.

• It certainly motivated me to take a look at their website.