Options

Accurate Info on Required / Recommended Travel Immunizations

The most current information available for required immunizations to enter Tanzania can be found at the U.S. State Department website....http://travel.state.gov/

As of today, October 10, 2012, the website states the following for Tanzania...

"ENTRY/EXIT REQUIREMENTSMEDICAL ALERT: THE MINISTRIES OF HEALTH IN TANZANIA AND ZANZIBAR HAVE REVERSED THEIR PREVIOUS POSITION ON YELLOW FEVER ISSUES AND THE CURRENT POSITION IS AS FOLLOWS: Yellow fever vaccination is required for all travelers from yellow fever endemic countries/regions. All individuals in transit for twelve (12) hours or more and/or who leave the immediate airport vicinity in a yellow fever endemic area are required to show proof of vaccination upon arrival in any port of debarkations here in Tanzania. Direct arrivals from non-endemic countries in Europe and North America are not required to show the certificate."

You may also go to this same website and enter your travel destination if you require information for countries other than Tanzania. You may wish to do as we have done and save this website in your Favorites. It saves a lot of looking later.

The best rule of thumb to protect yourself is to ask your doctor what immunizations they recommend. I have seen a number of people on this website rationalize not getting certain immunizations that are highly recommended. That, of course, is their right. Personally, we prefer to be "safe - not sorry" where our health is concerned.

...Leo M

Comments

• Options
    Hi Leo,

Thank you for the info, I am sure many people will find this information very useful. I am also looking forward to your new blog. I am a big fan of the previous one. Can I please have your permission to share your blog with other travelers as well as on Facebook, and other social media sites.

Best,
    Emily
  • Options
    Thank you, Emily. Your kind words are most appreciated. I'm afraid my wife has been unable to convince me of the value of Facebook or Tweets or other social media. I'm too old school. However, I do love Africa and would be honored if you felt our blog was worth sharing with others who share our fascination with Africa, its people and its wildlife. So, yes, you have our permission. Thank you...Leo
This discussion has been closed.