June 24, 2022 Grand Family Safari!

After rescheduling in 2020 and 2021, we are finally hopeful to make this trip! I’m looking for packing suggestions and helpful hints for family with 2 boys ages 11 and 14. Will Tauck send us baggage to fit smaller planes?

Comments

• edited March 2022

Yes, you will get the famous Tauck duffles about a month before your tour. If they do not arrive by about three weeks before, give Tauck a call. They come in a small bag. You can pack this in your regular suitcase ready to use when you get there. There are no wheels, so if you are thinking of using the bags as primary luggage, take that into consideration.

• We rescheduled in 2021 and will, fingers crossed, be on the same trip with our 9 and 12 yr olds, both girls!

• I am happy you're taking a 9 and 12 year old as well as two messages above an 11 and 14 year old. These trips are very educational and will leave an imprint with your children. They will remember it as a trip of their lifetime. As mentioned in another distant thread, we took our daughter when she was 7 on a family safari. They will be mesmerized what Africa offers. My daughter is 30 now and still has very fond memories of Africa as well as Antarctica which was the year after. I am now exploring to take her and her future husband on another Africa trip.

• Please post a review when you returned here on the forum. We are planning to take our family in 2024

• Our bags arrived!