Budapest to the Black Sea River Cruise August 2022

Just a few questions about this particular cruise as I have been on previous Tauck River Cruises and know it will be excellent. During our time in Budapest, does the group go to the Dohany Street Synagogue and the Shoes on the Danube Memorial? What time does the ship leave Budapest? Will we be able to see beautiful Budapest lit up as we cruise out of the city or should we book a separate night cruise of the Danube while in the city?

Comments

• I just came back from that river cruise. I have been to Budapest before and we hired a private guide for an in depth Jewish heritage tour. It was worth every penny. The reason I’m saying that is because the riverboat cruised passed the Shoes on the Danube without a lot of dialog regarding the significance of the memorial. There was also an excursion to the beautiful synogogue, and I thought that particular excursion could have been better since I was there before. I’m comparing this to the private tour a had in the past to the synogogue. The private tour guide picked us up at the dock where the riverboat is docked. Just an idea for you.

• Just the information I was looking for. Thank you Ourtravels34. I also have been to Budapest before, but my travel friend has not. We are going to Budapest 2 days before the cruise, so will have time for a private Jewish tour. Do you have a recommendaiton? I have been looking into Tours by Locals.

• I will PM (Private Message) you.

• I repied by DM

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file