Options

AIR TRAVEL

Did you find it better to travel from Casablanca or Marrakesh?

Comments

• Options

We flew into and out of Casablanca. At the end of the tour, Tauck provided a vehicle that took us to the Casablanca airport.

Flying into and out of Casablanca allowed us to get a non-stop flight to/from JFK and Casablanca. If you do that, avoid any American Airlines code share flights. We had some serious problems with American Airlines, going and coming, described in my blog of the trip - https://www.mikeandjudytravel.com/2022-1Morocco-01.htm

• Options
    milmil
    edited June 2022

JoAnneC Hi.

I flew from Casablanca only because at the time of my tour, the Marrakesh airport was not open yet. But Marrakesh it's easier since you are already there and the Four Seasons hotel is only a few blocks away.. it's new and huge...
    Tauck does provided a vehicle that will take you to the Casablanca airport if you decide for that one, about 1hour 20min. from Marrakesh.
    Delta/Air France is a great option- you can fly US-Paris-Rabat then Marrakesh-Paris-US

• Options

Mil - we did the Delta route you described (Nov 2021).

Since you end in Marrakesh, it's so much easier to fly home from there. We did an overnight in Paris - never a bad idea! - then home to NY.

The people that had to endure a very early am drive to Casablanca on the final day were NOT happy.

• Options

SGF, Hi.
    yes, I did also an overnight in Paris @ the Airport hotel, easy access and convenient. -
    I flew back Casablanca-Paris-Seattle.

• Options

I remember spending an overnight at the Paris CDG airport at the Ibis hotel. Talk about a small room and bathroom!. But it's just for one night and we could walk out of the hotel and be in the airport.

• Options
    edited August 2022

My reason for not going to Morocco through any European city airport is that you get a nice lie-flat seat across the Atlantic to the European city, but then you get that European "first class" situation from the European city to Morocco where the seats are regular tourist seats wtih the center seat blocked off.

If you fly from the US to a city in Morocco, you have the lie-flat seats until you arrive in Morocco.

Regarding the early departure from Marrakesh to go to Casablanca. No one in our group was "NOT happy" about getting up early for the trip from Marrakash to Casablanca - we departed the hotel at 7am which is not all that early. And the trip wasn't that long. The driver stopped along the way to give us a coffee break and we enjoyed seeing the countryside. The Four Seasons even gave us some light food in a box to take with us - some of which we gave to the driver.

Once we got on the aircraft, we had lie-flat seats across the Atlantic. Also, we flew Air Maroc business class and it was great. I've flown a lot worse business class flights. The Air Maroc staff was professional and polite - both the ground staff and the flight staff. I'd definitely fly them again.

• Options
    milmil
    edited August 2022

I stayed 3 xtra days @ the Four Seasons Marrakesh, did some more sightseeing with an excellent local private guide ( he used to work for A&K) he took me to Amazing places, some museums, gardens , jewish quarters, madrasas , palaces etc.. , we also spend time visiting hidden jems inside the Medina.
    Once it was time to depart, I took the Tauck-transfer to Casablanca .. my flight was at 4:00 pm So, I was able to enjoy the hotel a little more...
    As I arrived to CDG- I stayed at he airport hotel- attach by a bridge to the terminal building- excellent hotel, service , clean and rooms were at a good size. No Complains.

PS: if anyone wants info. on the private guide , I can provided- he is excellent and not too expensive.- well worth the money, I saw the real Marrakeh and gain a friend.

• Options

CDG HOTEL;
    Sheraton Paris Roissy Airport- check booking.com

Uniquely located and filled with thoughtful amenities, Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Center provides the perfect home base for business and leisure travelers.

• Options

• Options

I stayed there a few times while on business travel after attending the Paris Air Show. I agree that the Sheraton was clean and convenient.... for just an overnight stay.