Options

Cape Town V&A restaurant suggestion

We are on an Elegant SA tour in August. Our “final documents” suggest booking early for restaurants in the V&A Waterfront area for our night on our own. We’re doing the Cape Grace afternoon tea on a pre-tour day. Does anyone have a suggestion for someplace outside the hotel that they really loved?

Comments

• Options

We took this tour in Jan 2019. 2 suggestions - Den Anker (Belgian) and Willoughbys (great seafood/sushi). Both in the V&A Waterfront - close walk from the Cape Grace. Enjoy a great trip.

• Options

Thank you, Brian. I ll check these out.

• Options

Ah, years ago, we ate in that Belgian restaurant!

• Options

The concierge at The Cape Grace recommended Baia Seafood Restaurant located a short walk away on Victoria Wharf. Delicious food and beautiful views of Table Mountain! baiarestaurant.co.za

• Options

We like to do afternoon tea when we travel and get the chance. Not a dinner suggestion obviously, but as an alternative to lunch we did afternoon tea in the library at the Cape Grace. it was as good or better than any we've had. Price wise it was incredibly reasonable, even with a glass of the local sparkling wine. Highly recommended.

• Options

Yes, had one of the best dinners ever at the Cape Grace!

• Options

We went to the “Pier Restaurant “ at V and A waterfront. One of the best/ most enjoyable meals we’ve ever had. 7 course tasting menu for $99/ person.

• Options

We loved Den Anker for the food, atmosphere and view. We did go to Baia - I really enjoyed it as I had an excellent shrimp curry that was as good as in England! But my husband found it to have too much of a “corporate” feel to it. If you want to go further afield, a great local place is Black Sheep. But take a taxi there.