Botswana, South Africa & Zambia

How is the weather in January and February on this tour? (My husband and I read that it can be hot, humid and rainy.)
Thanks, in advance,
Marilyn

Comments

• edited August 2022

There are no departures of this tour in Jan & Feb, the first one isn't until 8 April in 2023.

Jan & Feb are the peak of the rainy season and usually considered the worst time to go. During January and February, the rains can be continuous for days. The best time to visit is from May to September, during the Dry season and winter

For weather details a good place to start is WeatherSpark. It provides all the typical meteorological info and more based on 20 years or more of historical data. It presents the data in an easy-to-interpret graphical format. Most places around the world are covered. Many folks here use it.

Yes, it can be hot and humid in SA and Kruger in Jan & Feb. Jan & Feb are considered the worst months to visit Kruger and Sabi Sands.

• Hi Alan, Many thanks for your prompt and helpful reply. I appreciate it very much. Marilyn

• No problem.

I hope you noticed I tried to answer both your posts in a single response, and may not have done so well. The weather is a bit different for both the tours you listed and the weather in Livingstone and Botswana's Okavango Delta on B,SA,Z, is somewhat different than what you'll find in Cape Town and the Kruger area on Elegant Adventure.

• Alan, you answered my question well! :)