Options

Lyon hotel suggestion?

Okay, call me a worry-wart, but if one (or both) throw a positive test in September and need to stay for several days, which hotel would you recommend in Lyon? We are ending our Savoring France cruise there on September 26th, and I just want to be prepared.

Comments

• Options

Hope you don't need to use this info, but I've had great stays at several Mercure Hotels in Lyon (Beaux-Arts, Saxe) pre-Covid. They are usually quite reasonable. Lyon's a wonderful town, worth a few extra days even if you test negative.

• Options

MarketArt, thank you for the recommendations. For some reason, they are both showing "sold out" for the dates I'm wondering about. Hmmmm...

• Options

Brenda, I am going to be on the same cruise. Let’s hope for negative results or an end of the testing requirement.

• Options

I do hope the government plans to stop the pre arrival back in the US testing soon. I just can’t imagine it being easy for people to find last minute hotel accommodations in popular tourist destinations. I would think especially on River cruises where there is a potentially good number of people testing positive at the end of a tour. If a new group of people is booked into a hotel for the next tour, that’s a lot of double booking. Same with finding last minute flights to get home.

• Options

We enjoyed The Intercontinental Hotel Dieu. The service and room quality were much better than the typical Intercontinental. Location was excellent.

• Options

Tauck made arrangements for the positive Covid couple at the end of our Savoring France April trip. They stayed at the Sofitel in Lyon, booked by Tauck. I believe they will help with the arrangements. As pointed out, summer bookings may create a more challenging situation finding rooms.

• Options

Brenda we are on the Savoring France September 17 trip also. We are staying three extra nights at the Tauck post cruise Intercontinental Hotel Lyon. We are on the Rendezvous on the Seine starting September 6.Gail

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file