Options

Airline choice

Trying to decide between Delta or Lufthansa-Premium Economy class-from Washington DC to Naples, Italy, , and then from Venice to DC.Any suggestions on which is a better choice based on seats, service, comfort, etc? I realize Delta connects in Paris, which is a negative to many, but will try to allow plenty of time to connect if I go with Delta. Pros and cons welcome!

Comments

• Options

The one that you have miles or a credit card with.

• Options

Lufthansa has cancelled my flights twice -- most recently on the day that I was supposed to travel. I will NOT book with them again. CDG has gotten better the last 2 times I've gone through there -- and if you have plenty of time to connect, you should be fine. And I enjoy flying on both Delta and Air France, though it's been in business, not premium economy.

• Options

Lufthansa has had strikes and labor shortages. Hopefully, this will pass. We fly from the left coast so always a connection. I tend to book with a US carrier if I’m connecting domestically, a European carrier if I’m connecting in Europe. I’d like to think the respective airlines would be better able to help me if I’m on their turf when things go sideways but, luckily, I’ve never had to test my hypothesis. Flying home from Venice: get ready to wake up at zero dark thirty in any case.

• Options

Normally I would say Lufthansa - that's what we flew (premium economy) when heading to our Danube Cruise in July. But the I would seriously reconsider that decision with all the labor strikes, shortages, and baggage issues. When are you traveling?

I would track updates for Delta/Lufthansa complaints via reddit
    I would review the premium economy packages for what services are provided and compare the two and see what you fancy.

In the end, and no matter what, try to fly direct and if you can't, give long connection times.