Options

Frequent Flying Accounts

We had something a bit confusing occur on our first flight for our current trip. We were on Delta in business class on a morning flight to Atlanta. Per Delta's website it was supposed to include breakfast which I found welcome news but surprising. And rightly so because it didn't include it, just one of their random snack boxes. I mentioned it to the flight attendant. I wasn't mad at all and thought no more about it. Later she came up and asked whether we had Sky Miles acts as her smartphone device which shows all the passengers did not have our accts included. She could tell by color coding. She had only looked because she was going to give us some bonus miles. Nice of her.

Sure enough when I opened my Delta app it listed my acct number on the main page but none of our flights had the info as part of those flights. I entered the information and thankfully it applied them to all our flights in one go. I probably didn't have the numbers handy when I booked the flights with Tauck air and stupidly thought Delta would automatically apply them. Nope. So word to the wise, double check this along with things like passport and global entry info.

Sadly we never got the bonus miles for no breakfast. LOL.

Comments

• Options

Our last flight booked by Tauck had neither our Global entry numbers or Delta accounts although they had it. I confirmed with Tauck at booking. I did not check before flying to make sure they added them to reservation. Still chasing the miles credit.

• Options

Portolan - Excellent reminder. As an additional step, I always ask the ticket agent to verify my account information, as well as my request for wheelchair assistance for my husband for all legs of the trip. Regarding the wheelchair, I always remind the flight attendant that one has been reserved. Most of the time, they confirm with me before I even need to remind them. We have never had a problem.