Options

First ever Tauck experience with our 9 year old daughter

Hello! Here to peruse the board and learn what I can before our 6/26 family river cruise with Tauck. This will be our first Tauck experience. We had our 1st international trip with our daughter planned in 2020 when the pandemic hit. 2023 is the year! Since she is an inquisitive 'only', we thought the experience would be more rewarding if we did a tour with other families. Not finding a bunch out there on reviews of the family tours. Really hoping this was the right decision, company, and tour for our family! Really excited as she turns 10 on the tour! Nice to virtually 'meet' everyone! Hope T

Comments

• Options

We did a Tauck Bridges Alaska trip with our grandson in August 2022. The experience was tailored toward children and the adults watched or participated. It was a chance for some quality time for us and to share experiences. There was a nice group on the trip and we'd do another Bridges trip in the future.

• Options

Hope, yes you're right that for some reason the Bridges tours don't get a lot of discussion on the forum. Though last year there was more than normal. What I've read has all been positive so I believe you made a good choice. Certainly if we had young kids to take on a tour I'd choose Tauck.

Best of luck. Please, buck the trend, and come back here after you tour with a review.

• Options

HopeT - You made the right choice going with Tauck! I can't say enough about the Bridges program. We did our first Tauck Bridges tour in 2016. This was the perfect way to introduce children to traveling abroad. Our twins met some great new friends that we continue to travel with today. On our second Tauck Bridges trip in 2017, we saw 5 of the same families that we met the prior year. It was so nice to meet up again with such wonderful families. Now that our children are older, we look forward to enjoying the Bridges trips with our grandchildren.

• Options

As previously mentioned on tnis forum somewhere, we traveled to Africa on a family trip when our daughter was 7, then the following year Galapagos, the year after that it was Africa and the list goes on for an international trip annually. She is now 30 and still remembers the highlights of those wonderful adventures which was before the cell phone camera. Sharing these experiences with children, teenagers, young adults is a wonderful gift that parents can give. I don’t need to say more.

• Options

Hope T- Follow the board! This is going to be my first cruise with Tauck, in May. I have had all my questions answered by looking at new and old posts. There are a lot of knowledgeable travelers sharing their experiences on this site. Good luck.

• Options

The good thing about reading older posts is you learn things you didn't even think of asking. And widening your reading can prove interesting. Example, if it's a French river cruise read about other river cruises and even some land tours in France.

• Options

Thank you all so much! Very much looking forward to it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file