Dress Code

Having been on a Danube sailing through Tauck, we had a couple of formal palace dinners, etc. Does the Douro River Villages and Vintages tour have any "formal" or dress requirements aside from dress casual?

Comments

• edited June 2022

There are no "formal" dress requirements insofar as the need for dresses and suits and ties. If you prefer to dress up a bit as we do, the welcome and farewell dinners on the boat would offer you that opportunity. Unless I missed something, a cursory look at your itinerary indicates all your dinners will be onboard. Slacks and buttoned shirts for men and slacks and nice tops for women are fine for evening attire. You can get by being a bit more casual when dining on the top deck, however.

Enjoy!

• Thank you kfnknfzk!

• My pleasure. I took the Douro cruise with the Madrid and Lisbon extensions last fall. It was wonderful. I don't think you will be disappointed.

• kfnknfzk Curious if you toured the vineyards and needed shoes appropriate for walking on any dirt or dirt paths?

• No special footwear is required; whatever you normally wear will suffice. I typically wear ankle boots while on excursions. In the event of rain, Tauck will make adjustments.

If you are fortunate enough to take the tour in the fall, I hope you experience the beautiful foliage. Please post a review of your experiences. In the meantime, feel free to ask more questions.

Warm regards!

• Perhaps the itinerary has changed but we had a dinner at a Quinta one night that would dictate a little more attention to attire akin to perhaps dinner at the country club or a winery at home.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file