Options

Best Intercontinental Hotels

The Points Guy put out an article a few days ago of the best Intercontinental hotels. I noted that the Le Grand in Paris was included which we have stayed at and liked, but also The George in Edinburgh which we will be at in a few weeks. Especially since so many have expressed disappointment that the Week in Scotland stayed there instead of the Balmoral. Probably more on the list have been used by Tauck on other tours.

https://thepointsguy.com/guide/best-intercontinental-hotels/

Comments

• Options

We stayed at the Intercontinental Marseille with Tauck and got upgraded without explanation to one of their larger suites. I think it had five rooms including two baths, and sixteen foot ceilings. It was spectacular, but not on TPG’s list. This hotel was converted from being a hospital. I know we checked in before our TD even arrived, so he had nothing to do with it. Just a mystery piece of good luck I guess.

• Options

We recently stayed at the Le Grand in Paris as part of our French Escapade tour, and will be staying at the Intercontinental Sydney this fall during the Australia/New Zealand trip.

• Options

The Lisbon wasn't on the list either but I would have been surprised if it had. Nice enough rooms, etc but breakfast buffet was middling. Food selection wasn't the best and the service was soso.