Options

stay extra night pre or post?

For those who have been on this trip, would you recommend the GOT pre stay at the Fitzwilliam or the post at the Juliet hotel/spa. Two weeks is my limit as I get older. Thanks. Our ages are 75 and 79. I am not going to say which!!!

Comments

• Options

I would recommend taking it at the start. Taking it at the start allows you time to get over jet lag and also allows you a cushion should your flights get delayed. Also, the are more food and sightseeing options in Dublin.

• Options

I agree with Ken. We took two days in Dublin at the beginning and were able to get a good perspective of the city. We went to the Beatty Library, walked through St Stephen's Green and Merriam Park, attended evensong at St Patrick's Cathedral and did both of Rick Steve's walking tours of the city. The Mount Juliet is in the countryside and is 90 minutes from both Dublin and the airport. By the time you get there you will have had a full week of seeing the countryside. The only reason to stay there is to relax or to play golf - which is one of the optional activities on the last day of the tour.

• Options
    edited July 2023

Absolutely agree with Ken and Kathy. We actually took 2_extra days in Dublin because it turned out that arriving on Thursday was lower airfare than arriving on a Friday and paid for the extra hotel night. It gave us a full day to take a Viator tour of the Boyne Valley.

• Options

Agree with the above.

We took a train ride to Hough and saw a interesting community right by the ocean.

• Options

There's lots to do in Dublin on your own: a tour of Trinity College that gets you into the Book of Kells; Kilmainham Gaol; Glasnevin Cemetery, where you can take a history tour; and as KathyM says, just walk around St. Stephen's Green; Bewley's for tea. Depending on when you go, there might be a performance at the Abbey Theatre. And if you go early enough, you could take a day trip out of the city to Newgrange or Howth.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file