Options

Air

2»

Comments

• Options

Going to Portugal & Spain on Oct 11 tour. Planning on having octopus at every meal where available. Yum.

• Options

Hey, all - I am just back 2 nights ago from this trip, which was really terrific — I flew into Edinburgh, direct from Dulles in DC on United. I called Tauck ahead of time,and got the info on the company they use for pickups in Edinburgh and got a lovely young woman and a van to myself for 150 pounds Sterling, inclusive of tip. She was holding a Tauck sign as I exited with my bags. They said people call them all the time for this - aha! Just found it in my email, and would assume it would work for other destinations as well. David Green, DMG travel, email davidfgreen@icloud.com, www.DMGTravel.co.uk Telephone (not needed) is 077794 122088. I had thought about just trying to grab a taxi or Uber since Glasgow is so close to EDI, but wanted the security of knowing it was there since I was traveling solo.
    Hope that helps -

• Options

@JASS thanks for those details. Decisions to make. Going to give the info to hubby and make him decide what we are doing. :p

On the topic of unusual foods. Hubby is Italian and his parents were forced to live in caves during WWII, when the German's occupied their town. The residents survived off of the discarded animal parts. This formed some family traditions that continued in america, and hubby was raised on it. Hubby loves chicken feet, brains of lamb, rabbit, etc, and tripe. He claims the best part of a roast skull is the fat behind the eyeballs. In contrast, I was raised with very basic boring american food of the 60's and 70's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file