Options

Banksy Exhibiit

If there is anyone visiting Glasgow right now, a new exhibit of his works opens in Glasgow on Sunday June 18th. I would love to see it.

Banksy to stage first solo exhibition in 14 years in Glasgow https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-65908647

Comments

• Options

My guest from Brooklyn, NY, recently saw some Bansky street art in Manhattan at Broadway and White. I believe the exhibit is still running. I find it interesting that he has remained elusive all these years.

• Options

Thanks, British, for posting this - I’m on the August 2nd “week in Scotland” and arriving a day early - I’ve got it planned now to see this!

• Options

😀Please let us know how it is!

• Options

I have tickets on my Gift of Time day - I will be sure to post a quick review that night! I’m really looking forward to it - there’s a great article, I think the NYT, on the exhibit that’s very entertaining!

• Options

I’m back from a truly marvelous trip (the Small Group got along so well, meshed so beautifully, traveled together and had the most fun of any of my trips so far). I’ve been home 10 days and dealing with a sick pup and other stuff - I did walk down to the Banksy exhibit on my free day, and was absolutely bowled over by his “visions” if you will. The creativity of taking what’s in plain sight and creating something so differently, and doing it on his “Cut & Run” schedule (the title of his exhibit) - really stops you in your tracks at times to ponder “how he’d come up with that?” Most of course are humorous, but pierce you when you catch the theme of child labor, for instance, or an incredibly simple 2 lines showing you’ll lose the right lane, and he’s converted it to our Towers tragedy, with a bit of flame, and a stenciled airplane approaching….CBS Sunday Morning did a profile last weekend - worth watching, but a disgruntled former friend tries to criticize him - sorry, guy, not buying that. Oh - and he has several good sized wall sections, explaining either “how he found his muse” (giggling here) and “how they got the auctioned piece to shred” and why it jammed….for anyone going - get tickets! You’ll be so pleased!

• Options
    edited August 2023

So glad you got to see it JASS! I saw the CBS piece.
    I meant to also mention on the forum about the Vermeer exhibit in Amsterdam. For those who wish they could have gone like me. One of our local art house movie theaters showed a fantastic documentary about it that we saw this past week. There were experts talking and great views of all 37 paintings which lingered on details. It was 90 minutes long and we both said it was an excellent second best way to see it with no crowds and no standing around and less money than it would have cost for entry. If people are interested. I hope they can find it locally.

Here is a link

https://exhibitiononscreen.com/films/vermeer-blockbuster-exhibition/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file