Options

Port in Rouen

Does anyone recall where the River boat docks in Rouen ? Thanks

Comments

• Options

Based on the photo I have of the ship from our 2017 cruise we were between the Pont Boieldieu and Pont Pierre Corneille bridges. Easy walk to the cathedral and Joan of Arc memorial. Of course from cruise to cruise this could change.

• Options

We just returned home yesterday and had a wonderful time on this trip.  We walked from the ship to Rouen which is a beautiful city.   The tour directors were outstanding and they recommended places for lunch.  

• Options

Thanks so much !

• Options

As Noreen mentioned, this beautiful medieval city was close to where we docked. Sorry, but I pay no heed to the exact spots where we disembark unless I think that we will not be returning to the boat as a group and I need to have my bearings straight (I have absolutely no sense of direction.)

We skipped lunch because dinner at a chateau was scheduled for the evening...beautiful grounds!

Noreen - I hope you will share your experiences. It is always beneficial to compare notes.

• Options

Twice to Rouen on Tauck. Both times at the Quai Pierre Corneille, just upstream from the Pont Boieldieu, as previously mentioned. Literally the closest you can get to the Cathedral: 5–10 minute walk. I hope you have a late departure as they have an amazing light show projected on the Rouen Cathedral each night (at least in the summer).

• Options

I found the photo on my PC so I could edit and post it the right way for the forum. The bridge in the background is Pierre Corneille and the spit of land it crosses is Ile Lacroix a little island in the river. I took the photo from the Boieldieu bridge coming back from sightseeing.
    It has some cool sculptures. I love stops like this where you can come/go to the ship on foot or walk along the river.

• Options

Thanks everyone…especially for the photo Claudia .

• Options

I am attaching some photos of our day in Rouen.  As suggested by kfnknfzk you really don't need a lunch there as in the evening you will be having appetizers and dinner at the chateau.  The TD gave each of us 20 Euros.

• Options

Noreen,

Nice photos and memories. Although we thought the food was mediocre, the balance of the evening was so very special.

• Options

Thanks great photos

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file