Options

EgyptAir

We are flying EgyptAir in business class from Cario to Casablanca in early November. Has anyone flown on this airline? It is a five and half hour flight and I understand that the food is good but no alcohol is served.

Comments

• Options

Good luck with that.

For my Egypt trip last year, I was scheduled to fly home on Egypt Air CAI to MUC, then United from MUC to home. Egypt Air cancelled their leg of the flight twice, without explanation and no notification. Good thing I checked the rez from time to time. Each time, I called United to reinstate it, and they had no explanation for why the Egypt Air leg "disappeared." I didn't want to risk a potential problem, so I rebooked the flight from CAI with another airline. I suggest you check the flight status at least weekly, to make sure nothing happens to it.

There were no issues with the intratour flights, which were Egypt Air (except one, which was a charter).

• Options
    edited September 2023

BKMD - hopefully we will have good luck too. :) We are flying EgyptAir for our Jordan and Egypt tour in February 2024. The flight times were the best and the business class fares were also the best. We took a chance and flew Royal Air Maroc for our Morocco tour in April of this year and we were pretty happy with their business class ( lounges, not so much...). We will most certainly be checking to see if our flights are delayed or cancelled. As far as alcohol, from what we read, you can bring miniatures on and drink them - they will provide glasses and soft drinks for mixers. Who knows.... After reading your review when you went to Egypt and your dealings with Air Canada, we certainly were not flying them. We were supposed to take the Egypt tour in January of 2023 and came down with Covid. Our dealing with Luftansa for those flights was a nightmare. We will take our chances with EgyptAir and hope for the best.🤷🏻‍♀️

• Options

Hope it goes smoothly!