Options

Cruising the Seine, plus London and Paris

Hello! This is our first Tauck trip and we leave next month. We are so excited! I searched this in the forum but haven't seen anything with a current date, so I am asking to see if the information is valid for Seine river cruise in 2023. In order to avoid over-packing, we are hoping the ship has laundry services. We will be on the MS Esprit. Thank you.

Comments

• Options

All Tauck river cruise ships provide laundry services. Not cheap, but fast.

• Options

any suggestions for a hotel in Paris after the cruise in June 2024?

• Options

onthego, price range would help. You can always ask Tauck to book extra days at the post tour hotel.

If you want something more affordable there is a chain called Citidines that has multiple locations in Paris. They are a cross between a hotel with a reception desk and an apartment complex. Their units can be standard hotel rooms, efficiency apartments and 1 bedroom apartments. The apartments have kitchenettes each location in Paris is different - price, amenities, etc. We thought of them for a back-up in 2021 when we worried post tour about testing positive for covid and not being allowed to fly home. Didn't need it in the end but did stay at their property in Barcelona. Definitely not as posh as Tauck hotels but by the time we get to the end of a tour we're ready for lighter meals. Plus most have laundry facilities if you've run out of.clean clothes.

• Options

We have stayed here several times. Clean, decent breakfast, close to the Eiffel Tower, Rue Cler and a bargain (for Paris) https://hotel-paris-bosquet.com/. More upscale and bordering on Luxembourg Park is the Hotel Park Luxembourg https://www.luxembourg-paris-hotel.com/en/. We enjoyed our stay there especially the proximity to the park although the rooms were about the same size as Relais Bosquet for three times the price.

• Options
    edited September 2023

Beverly55 - We were on this tour this past April. If interested, you can read my review titled 'Tour Review' in
    'Seine River...Cruising the Seine plus...' dated 01 May. There are also many other comments that may be of help and/or interest.

onthego - My suggestion is to narrow down the area you are most interested in then research hotel choices based on that. For example, the Lourve is in the 1st arrondissement/district; Montmartre is in the 18th arrondissement and its hilltop location offers splendid views of Paris as well as offering a nice respite from the hustle and bustle below.

We have stayed at the InterContinental Paris Le Grand (9th arrondissement) a few times and have never been disappointed. Good luck with your search.