Options

Four wheel drive vehicle on African Safari

Does everyone have a window seat on the four wheel drive during the game drives

Comments

• Options

Also, are they air conditioned

• Options

Yes but depending on which country you go to, there might not be any windows 😊

• Options

Are these serious questions!

• Options

Yes this is a serious question. During the game drive I don’t ever want to be in the middle seat and having to rotate seats during the game drive.

• Options

I can’t comment on other Africa safari vehicles but here are a couple of pictures from our vehicles on the South Africa an Elegant Adventure tour. These are from the Lion Sands Game Reserve. There weren’t really any bad seats.

• Options

And the ones used on Botswana.Fully equipped with natural "Air Conditioning"

• Options

As noted above, in South Africa the vehicles are open to the air. There are no middle seats. There are no bad seats. You stay seated at all times. We would rotate rows with the others in our vehicle each game drive. You can work it out with the other members of your group if say for example you want to avoid the bumps in the back and prefer to sit in the front. In Lions Sands and Sabi Sabi, we stayed with the same ranger and tracker for all of the drives. Our TD took the photo of the leopard from his vehicle with our vehicle in the background. He just happens to be in the photo above from Botswana.

In Kenya and Tanzania, the vehicles are not open air, but the tops pop up and when the vehicle is stopped you can stand up to take pictures. The windows open but they are generally closed when driving because of the dust. Again, there are no middle seats and no bad seats. You rotate vehicles and rows in Kenya and Tanzania so you spend time with all of the rangers.

• Options

You will have to rotate seats for each game drive but not during the drive. It might be a good idea for you to do some research on safari etiquette and also in the different countries as safari rules are very different as noted above by others who have posted some greater photos showing the difference.

• Options

We were there in June, 2019 and it was very cold in the mornings but the afternoons were just perfect. It was one of my favorite trips. We did this trip with Wilderness Safaris.