Options

Jan 15th VCT tour

Hi folks, We're on the January 15th tour. My wife and I are doing a Halong Bay tour on the 15th and will most likely miss the opening dinner and meeting all our travel mates. If you're on the 1/15 tour, say hello on the forum here. Also is there any way to message the tour director so we can connect with them without making the opening dinner?

Comments

• Options

Are you doing a day tour, or an overnight?

• Options

You could call Tauck and get them to message the TD. Probably a better idea than leaving a message with the hotel reception..I have noticed that there seems to be a new thing on tours where you get an overview at either the Welcome dinner or early the next day. What a shame to miss the dinner,it’s important.

• Options

We're doing just a day trip with Cozy Bay Cruise. I know people say the overnight is great, but there's only so much you can fit in ;-)

• Options

I set up a day tour of Ha Long Bay and specified that I had to be back to the hotel in Hanoi by 6pm. They want to take you to a pearl place so tell them to skip that part. If they pick you up about 8am, you can have a fair amount of time on the boat.

I arranged for a private tour - it's just us on a smaller boat - so I have more flexibility. If you are going on a party boat, you won't have that flexibility.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file