Options

Connecting through CDG (from US to Morocco)

Wondering if anyone has recently connected from US through Paris to another non-European Union country (so we should not have to go through Customs/Border control). Looking at flights for our upcoming October 2024 trip to Morocco and our options are a 1 hour 5 minute layover (maybe a risk) or a 6 hour 35 minute layover (so painful!). Any thoughts or advice is appreciated. I haven't been through CDG in 20 years.

Comments

• Options

We would never risk a short layover and not at CDG

• Options

If that is your one and only option, I would certainly not risk the 1 hour and 5 minute layover. What if your flight is late taking off? What if you have to go through yet another security check and/or get to another terminal? There are so many variables with flying now that I do hope for the best, but expect the worst. CDG is a challenging airport to navigate. Do you work with a reputable travel agent? Maybe they can find a better option.

• Options
    edited January 19

We went through JFK and then took an Air Maroc flight from JFK to Casablanca.

• Options

There are tube videos to help you navigate CDG. I think I would want at least 2-1/2 hours.

• Options

We did DC to JFK and then direct Royal Air Maroc to Casablanca too. The van ride to Rabat was highway ; same with ride to Casablanca from Marrakesh. ( ps - stay an extra day at The 4 Seasons in Marrakesh)The business class lounge in IAD was Turkish Air . Kennedy was a lousy no name lounge. Not much of a lounge in Casablanca , but the flights were good and the planes were comfortable. Direct from Casablanca back to IAD. ( could not get a direct flight over on the day of the week we were traveling. RAM does not have flights every day fromDC area.)

• Options

I just returned from Morocco through CDG tonight. (I'll be heading to bed soon!) My trip outbound through CDG was good, but you do have to go through security even though you're going to a non-Schengen zone country. I had to change from the 2E M gates to the 2E L gates at CDG, which meant taking the train for one stop. The route is well-marked. I don't remember how long it took, but I would NEVER chance a 1 hr. 5 min. layover at CDG.