Options

Melbourne Koala Preserve

If you love seeing wildlife in their natural habitat, I will strongly recommend Echidna Preserve in Melbourne. We did this walking tour on our extra day in Melbourne. It turned out to be one of the highlights of our trip to Australia/New Zealand.

Comments

• Options

Hi loves2travel2, do you have a link for that location? I looked for "Echidna Preserve" on Google maps and could not find it. I had also contacted Echidna tours a couple of months ago based on a previous post here, maybe from you, but they are no longer doing one-day tours. They did tell me that when they were running those tours they went to You Yangs Regional Park and Serendip Sanctuary. Are you familiar with those places by chance?

• Options

Hi Wan - We went to Australia/New Zealand in 2019. I don't recall where we went. We were picked up at the hotel and taken to the Echidna Preserve where we walked the grounds and had a field lunch. This is where the koalas were. We did get in a vehicle to go to where there were lots of kangaroos running around freely. That's the best I can do from memory. However, unless the tour has changed dramatically, there isn't an opportunity to see the native wildlife - unless they are in a zoo like setting. I would suggest trying to find a similar experience to the Echidna Preserve because it was wonderful if you like that sort of thing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file