Options

Impressions on the seine

Anyone arriving early for the September 21 trip and going to the Marias district? Looking for recommendations for a 2-2.5 hour walking tour.

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2023

I visited part of the Marias district this past April while on a different Tauck tour. Time was limited so we spent most of it on Rue des Rosiers, a charming and vibrant street (most establishments close on Saturday to honor the Sabbath.) I'm sure the hotel concierge can recommend a guide should you prefer a formal tour, but in my opinion exploring the area yourself is very doable with a little research beforehand. Regardless, have a wonderful time and don't forget to stop and enjoy a falafel.

• Options

We did a tour of the Marais in April with Tours by Locals. Our guide was Lucien; he was great.

• Options

I'm a solo traveler taking the river cruise Impressions from the Seine: Paris to Normandy leaving on Aug 14, 2024. Anyone else going on this tour?

• Options

I did a great tour of the Marais with Paris Walks. Check out their schedule on their website, paris-walks.com.

• Options

MCD, thank you I will.

• Options

The Marais is an easy district to walk about on your own. Lots of wonderful architecture, restaurants and museums. There is a wonderful Picasso museum, the Carnavalet museum and I think a Jewish museum.

• Options
    edited February 28

Also in the Marais district - Victor Hugo's residence. Well worth the visit.

• Options

Thank you for the info.

• Options
    edited April 16

Janetsusan, I am also a solo traveler and looking at this particular trip. If I can make it happen, perhaps we can get together.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file