Options

American Canyonlands in Fall

We are travelling shortly on this tour. Any suggestions for clothing with both the warm and colder mountain sights?
Do you need to dress up for dinner?

Comments

• Options
    There are other threads on dress in the forum for this tour, suggestions vary as usual but you stay in lodges, some of the accommodation is very basic, in my opinion you don't need to dress up a during the tour. Weather, easy to check on line or in the 'Before You Go' section. don't rule out snow.
  • Options

You can do an internet search to find average temps and precipitation in each of the National Parks on the tour. I entered "weather in Bryce Canyon National Park" and up came a listing by the national parks with a chart that showed each month at the park all the info to help you plan.

• Options

We did this trip end Oct./beg. Nov - it was 50s during the day - perfect for us. It was a fantastic trip. I'd love to go again, but so much else we need to see first. We had no rain at all. But weather is so variable now - so impossible to predict. We layered and took Patagonia puffer jackets for the water/raft days. Dinners were VERY casual. Most were at the park lodges. The only dinner that was more business/resort casual was the 1st night dinner in Arizona at the hotel. It's a 'rustic' trip, no one dressed up. The food was good, but basic most nights - still good - you're in the park lodges, so Tauck has no control, but we were always pleased.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file